Modification to 24” 150# Ball Valve for Temporary Subsea Application
SVS was on hand to provide an effective Subsea engineering conversion solution of a Topside valve in order to meet a client's urgent lead time requirmeent, our valve engineers and engineering partners completed the full conversion of the valve in under 5 weeks.
• Full Strip & Inspection of Valve and Gearbox.
• Carry out QA & Dimensional Inspection of parts requiring modification.
• Model parts on CAD and carry out engineering review of valve to determine Subsea modifications required.
• Review of Gearbox to determine marinization feasibility.
• Full review of drive train.
• Redesign of existing sealing systems & identify additional ingress seals.
• Detailed manufacturing & modification drawings
• Machining of new components & modification to existing (Valve & Gearbox).
• Inclusion of bladder compensator to gearbox.
• Assembly of valve & gearbox.
• Conduct Witnessed API 6D FAT Programme
• Painted to Norsok M501 System 7
• Unitise with Class 150# → Class 900# Crossover Spool.
• Conduct 24hr + 1hr Open Body Test.
• Prepare for shipping.
Thanks to everyone involved in assisting with this accelerated delivery.